Friday, December 22, 2017

Revelation 7:13-17

I was reading in Revelation last night and came upon Rev. 7:13-17 and it yanked me back in time to the late '70's when I sang this (and other Bill Gaither songs) with an older gentleman at my little Boulder Foursquare Church. I was a newly minted Christian at the age of 16. These vocal harmonies were some of my favorites. I love listening to this rendition.

 We're getting more snow. Very fine powdery stuff. I think it will slack off and disappear later today. I'm glad to just stay home, do art, read and hibernate.

Here are a few more ATC's I've finished in the last few days. I uploaded about 200 to a Facebook album recently and realized just how fast they pile up! That was an exhausting job, so now I'll try to upload them as I make them.

These were made for the December Pick-a-Theme swap. Each participant asked for a particular theme for their card. I'll write what they requested under the photo.
African grey parrot

whimsical girl with purple hair

a girl and her  fox

lady with a fancy hat
The card below was made for an unusual swap. Apparently, a lady, who doesn't swap on our particular website, was recently admitted into a nursing home after having several strokes. Her family was going through her things and found her binders full of ATC's which she had received from other artists over the years. They weren't sure what to do with them (Remember this wasn't HER art. It was from a bunch of strangers, so you can understand that they might not want to keep it.) and they were on the verge of throwing them out. A gal from our ATC trading site caught wind of this and asked if she could have the binders. She thought some others might appreciate the art, rather than throwing it away. So, she's offered 6 of the cards to anyone sending her 1 card with a picture of a mouse on it. Mice are her thing, lol. I made the card below and in return I'll get a little stack of mystery cards. Should be interesting!
And, of course, my favorite mice come from the pen of Beatrix Potter!



Thinking of you all, and wishing you a warm and cozy Christmas!
Shalom and blessings!

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of sending an ATC and getting 6 'mystery' cards in return. How fortunate that someone heard about the cards before they were thrown away!
    Thanks for the Christmas wishes. I hope you have a blessed Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blessed Christmas! It's good to have days to just stay in! God be with that lady who had the strokes!! <3 ... the mouse you drew is so sweet! and I love the last cozy Christmas picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa, I wish you and your family a blessed and happy Christmas! Beautiful paintings you created! I LOVE the girl with her fox - I feel inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a lovely Christmas, dear Lisa! Keep drawing. Start writing the book, too! Huge love coming your way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)