Friday, December 15, 2017

Time to move!

Move my body, that is! Ha ha. Micah and I were having a little discussion this morning about exercise. She's beginning to feel like an old mom at the advanced age of twenty-six. She was saying that she's such an "all-or-nothing" person that if she can't go work out at the gym for an hour a day she just doesn't feel like bothering. That probably won't happen until the kids are bigger, Adam finishes the house and she finishes college! I've been sitting around too much since summer weather went away, but I decided to revisit one of my exercise options. YouTube! I just finished a chair yoga workout with Michelle Rubin. It's about 50 minutes long, but I figure I spend hours each day on less profitable pursuits. I'm aiming for 3 days a week of this and maybe alternating with my 30 minute walking DVD, Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone. Then I would take Sundays off. I just checked on YouTube and Leslie Sansone has a whole channel full of these walking workouts you can use for free. I'll probably be checking them out for some variety.

The good thing about Michelle's chair workout is that she hits all the joints that are stiffening up as we age. Some of those joints I wouldn't even think about working if she hadn't pointed them out, lol. Here's my little workout setup.
I sit in the chair with the plaid shirt over it, lol.


I'm going to look for a different chair. This one looked like it would be good for this but the seat is too high off the ground so I have to sit on the edge for my feet to be flat on the ground. It sort of cuts off the circulation to my legs after a while! She also has some 30 minute workouts, but they usually just cover part of the body. This long one gets the whole body.

I'm working on another one of my "peace dove" pictures which I'm going to send to an old school buddy. Vicki and I have known each other since junior high, although we haven't seen each other since high school graduation in 1975. We went to school in Colorado. Now she lives in Idaho and I'm in Minnesota. We met up again on Facebook. She's a "life-long single" person and a strong Christian and it's been fun visiting a little online. I need to write her a long catch-up letter to go with the painting. This is sort of what it will look like, but probably no purple paint.

Vicki and I were in the One Way Club in high school. She's on the bottom right and I'm next to her. Back row, middle is my sister-in-law, Barb. And sitting on the railing is the one and only boy, Ken. We all had a crush on him. Good times!
Vicki posted the cowboy Merry Christmas picture that I used in my header. I think it's so cool and it made me think of Jody! :)

My tummy tells me it's supper time. Gotta make up for all of that chair yoga! Then I'll probably watch a movie. Y'all have a super evening and weekend!

Shalom! Love you all! :)


5 comments:

  1. Lisa, I LOVE that Merry (cowboy) Christmas banner! Our old paint horse, like the one pictured in your banner, died this fall. The pic reminds me of Pete.

    Glad you're finding some good yoga videos to do. I love to do yoga and do lots of stretching in the evening before bed, but yoga videos are great. Maybe you and Micah can be exercise accountability partners. I do that with my daughter.

    Merry Christmas, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like the Merry Cowboy Christmas header too.
    Good for you doing yoga and whatever you can to keep your joints flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This yoga-exercises are easy to do, because you don't need and expensive sport-equipment! I also believe in being healthy by making good moovings, they have to fit to the person, and then its making feel good. I like the beginning of you text about wonderful Michah. Another point. Please can you tell me the post of the photo of Micah when she was with all her children and babies shopping?
    Lovely peace-dove! A portrait of LISA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Peace Dove is quite beautiful. She will love it! I'm proud of you for doing the chair yoga. I really should do something like that - like you say, there are joints that are SO stiff, and if we don't loosen them up, we're still stiff all day long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)