Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Post-Christmas post...

Happy day after Christmas, everyone!

I was innocently scrolling through my email and came across one from Amazon informing me that someone had sent me an Amazon gift card! I'm always suspicious of anything in my inbox offering me something free, but I decided to assume it was real, and it seems that it is, lol. So, I had a little fun ordering some things I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

For some time now I've wanted to try making my own rubber stamps, so I ordered some items to do that. A lady on YouTube recommended using white erasers as the base of my stamps, so I ordered some of those. I also got a set of linoleum cutters for carving the designs and a sepia ink stamp pad. In addition, I ordered a set of dip pens and India ink and 3 bamboo pens in different sizes. These should make a nice addition to my art supply stash.

Here's a quick little video showing how to make stamps out of an eraser. I think the cutting tools I ordered will make it a little safer than using an Exacto knife. I bought some Speedball tools made for cutting stamps.


The dip pens and bamboo pens will allow me to try some different effects with pen and ink.



And here's a quick video of a guy drawing with a bamboo pen. It's pretty much dipping a stick in ink and drawing, lol.

Should be interesting to play around with some new things. Thank you to my generous kids! It was a fun surprise!

It was a beautiful, very cold day. Thank you, Jesus, for being here with me ALL the time.
Hope you're all enjoying this day after Christmas. Shalom, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. All of those sound like fun, artistic activities, and will spark all those creative juices inside :) Fun! I look forward to seeing what you make with all them, esp. the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so very nice! what a great gift and what fun things you will be getting!! I can't wait to see what you do with them! I love how art is so much part of your life!! God is an artist and it is fitting that we also create!!! God bless you dear friend!!! loved your comment on my blog today ~ I totally agree with you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope to see your rubber-stamps next time!

    I the radio I heard, that it's VERY cold in the North of USA/and Canada!! Hope you feel good and not too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some neat tools you've chosen. You'll have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun art supplies you've chosen. I hope you show us how you've used them and give us a review on what you think of your choices. Looking forward to seeing what art you will create with your new tools.

    Happy New Year, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)