Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A generous gift...

Hello, all!

Well, I think the temps are on the rise. That's kind of a relative thing, of course, but we'll take it!

My wise and wonderful daughter, Micah, and I were visiting after picking Audrey up from school. I was apologizing for becoming one of those old ladies who worries and fusses about things (like the less-than-ideal tires on her van, and my furnace). I've never wanted to be THAT LADY. She said, "Yeah, Mom. You worry enough for nine people!" This has been one of my life's struggles. I know worrying is the opposite of faith, and sometimes I really have a handle on it. Sometimes I feel like I have to worry more because Micah isn't worrying enough, ha ha! Of course, God is able to take care of us without my feeble help. So, I will continue to try to whip myself into shape on that front.

I truly admire Micah. She and son Jordan seem to have the worrying thing licked. Jordan used to quote me all the "cast your care" scriptures when he was still a wee lad. And he still has that same outlook on life. They inherited that from their earthly father as well as their heavenly one. Thank you, Bob and thank You, Lord! They are a blessing!

One of the perks of trading art on the ATCs for All site is this little thing called pocket letters. A pocket letter is a nine-pocket plastic sleeve designed to hold baseball cards. This is filled with ATCs or any other treats the creator wants to include. It then folds in thirds and fits in a business size envelope. I've done a couple of these swaps and I've seen all kinds of "stuff" used to fill them. Mine tend to be a little more modest than some, but probably on par with others. The one I received today was over-the-top! This gal included everything but the kitchen sink!

First, this is her nine-pocket page:
This contains 6 ATC's and three "tags" (middle row)
Then she included a bunch of plastic baggies containing tons of little "embellishments" and other goodies used to make collages on ATCs and other art to trade. I'm always short on this kind of thing since painting is my main focus. So, I LOVE to receive it. She was kind enough to tell me I could give some away if I didn't have a use for it. That's also fun. I will probably share some of this with people I send ATCs to. It's always fun to find some extras in the envelope with your ATCs!
Tiny paper cut-outs for collage and some "bling".

The two white squares are zentangle tiles. Never used those before! Also some doilies to cut up, tiny puzzle pieces to glue on to a collage, some tiny collage cut-outs and some pretty stamps for collage.

On the left is a plastic envelope with washi tape wrapped around it. The tape peels right off so I can use it. The cute butterfly notecards are about 2"x2".

Several cards with illustrations and scriptures. The black card in the middle and the one above it have preprinted phrases to cut out and use on collages.

A ton of tiny colorful pictures to use for collage. So cute!

Beautiful cards with matching envelopes. Too pretty to use? We'll see!
I'm feeling blessed!

I made a nice crockpot of beef stew and I've already enjoyed some. The wind is whistling around outside, but it's staying warm in here. Now to make a batch of brownies!

Brownies, coffee, and reading. Sounds like a plan!

Shalom and warmth to everyone! ((HUGS))

6 comments:

  1. oh how nice!!! And fun that you can share! and what fun drawings to receive also! I love the idea of your meal, brownies and reading a book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to receive such generous gifts from your ATC people. How thoughtful. Your supper sounds delish. I love beef stew (and biscuits). Stay cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure trove you received!! It's fun to get an unexpected gift, esp. one that will be quite useful.

    I'm a terrible worrier and I've come to the conclusion I'm not going to ever be different. I've certainly tried and tried but I honestly don't think one changes much past the 7th decade. What do you think? Is there really hope for us who worry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a worrier and one of the scriptures my dear husband quoted to me when he was ill and soon to be with Jesus was 1 Peter 5:7 ~ Cast all your care on Him, because He cares for you. It is a daily struggle, but Jesus is my strength when I am weak, and I am learning and drawing closer to Him with each new day. He is your strength too dear Lisa and I think it is so cool that your son Jordan has quoted this verse to you since he was a boy.

    You sure got a lot of neat goodies to create with. Have fun.

    May 2018 be a wonderful year for you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that pretty correspondence, and the best kinds of comfort food -- you seem to know how to keep cozy in winter weather. Happy New Year, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a wonderfully generous gift! Brownies, reading, coffee ... that does sound good! Stay warm and keep painting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)