Monday, January 22, 2018

A visit to my doc...

I went in and saw my primary doctor, Dr. Ericksen, today. He seemed to agree that the steroids weren't the best idea. I told him I wasn't sure which symptoms were  my original allergies and which were caused by the steroids. One of their hundreds of side effects is hives! So, I left those meds with him and will continue using Benedryl. He said to give it a couple of days and if I don't get better he'll do some sort of blood test. He couldn't do it today because the steroids I took yesterday would have effected the results.

I rewashed everything in the house thinking maybe there was something in the laundry detergent. I bought a different brand (Seventh Generation) and then realized that the brand I was using was also supposedly fragrance free and made for sensitive skin. I don't know if there still might be something in it I don't like. I had bought different brands than usual the last time I shopped of laundry and dishwashing detergents, so I replaced both of those.

I'm still getting a red, hot face with a little swelling and some itchy spots here and there. I've gotten rid of everything strawberry. So, hopefully that will do the trick. Prayers appreciated! I don't want to be hypersensitive to everything! The Lord still heals, so I'm believing for that! (I'm hungry and I don't want to be afraid to eat!!) LOL!

Thanks friends and family! Y'all have a good evening!
Shalom!

4 comments:

  1. glad for your doctor!!! May God heal you and quick! (I had a strange reaction once and it was because I was taking niacin! minute I stopped, it got better! hope you get better quick too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you will get better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it still very cold here? When it is cold, skin often is distressed. Creams and soap can sometimes make such skin. You have to find a soft cream for your skin, or olive-oil.

    I heard, that allergic people are much stronger against cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well, Lisa! It's no fun to be allergic :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)