Friday, January 5, 2018

Spinning and Knitting a Hat

I loved this peaceful and meditative little video of Matilda spinning and knitting a hat for herself. This little channel on YouTube was mentioned on someone else's video so I decided to check it out. Very sweet. :)

I love the rustic look of this little slouch hat. I thought of you, MK. A project to try with your spinning wheel someday! :)

As I perused their channel further I found this little gem. It's titled "Homeschool Highlights" and I was fascinated to watch these young girls at their various pursuits. They really are artistic and talented! Once again, it reminded me of MK as they drew and painted in their homemade books. I also remembered that they are from the UK and they live in a very English looking area.


Hope you enjoyed the videos! (I'm currently binge watching them. I'm so impressed with this family!)
Happy weekend, everyone.
Shalom. :)

5 comments:

  1. These two videos are innovative and really WONDERFUL! Congratulatios to Matilda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both lovely, watched to the ends :) The spinning girl looked like the younger of the two girls in the 2nd video, to me.
    Oh, I do long to spin, but a drop spindle is not working well for me at all. I need a wheel, where my foot will do a good part of the work, and free both my hands to work the yarn. So I'm going to wait until we can find one. A video like that is so peaceful to me - working with fibers is peaceful. She's adorable, and look at that gorgeous skein she made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely Saxony wheel and she spins beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her movements are like a prayer, like a spiritual meditation. She is a teacher - thank you for showing me this, dear Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so cross with our boys' school that I find myself dreaming of home-schooling, again! I think I would be the worst possible home-schooling mother- I can't even wash bathrooms from distractions! You remind me that I have a knit-a-grey-hat kit in my cupboard. Hmm, bathrooms?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)