Monday, January 1, 2018

A good January 1st...

My son, Josh, said they had a massive blizzard in Kentucky...
This reminds me of a similar snowman that was created by my great-grandson, Ollie, who lives in Oklahoma!

I had a nice few hours with daughter, Micah. Adam had the day off so he babysat while we did our grocery shopping. We also stopped at Burger King for a bite to eat and, after shopping, picked up some lunch for Adam and the kids. It was just fun hanging out with my girl and having a chance to visit. Micah said, "It's so quiet!" She's not used to driving anywhere without four kids clammering in the back of the vehicle, lol.

I signed on for the Goodreads Book Challenge. I committed to reading 26 books this year. I see Josh is going to aim for fifty-two! I'll have to give up some online time just to make my goal. (At least, I'll have to give up "binge watching".) But it will be time better spent, I think. My Kindle is stuffed with good books I look forward to getting to, finally.

My young landlord is changing the filter on my furnace, so I'll cut this short. I'm not sure if he's finished or if he's coming back! I guess I'll just stand at attention for a while, lol.

You all have a great week!
Shalom and love from the backwoods.




4 comments:

  1. Nice snowmen: big and little! Fine to spend a good free time with your lovely daughter. I remember this (seldom) impression of "VERY quiet" without my little foxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you many wonderful books this year! I think 24 is a good number for me- I found 26 last year a bit stressful towards the end! Hope your furnace is keeping you warm for lots of cosy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you stay warm! such tiny snowman! Nice about your daughter-date! I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay warm up there, Lisa! I'm catching up on blog reading now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)