Thursday, January 25, 2018

Hooray for B12!

Hopefully, this will wrap up my yacking about health matters. I know it's really exciting for you all to read about every detail. But I did want to mention that I took a B12 tablet yesterday (which I've had all along, I just wasn't taking them) and the effects were almost immediate. First of all, let me mention that I had looked up symptoms of B12 deficiency and saw many that matched my own. One thing that had concerned me was a feeling of muscle weakness. When I tried to write my hand didn't want to cooperate. After the B12 that weakness went away, my mind was clearer and I really just felt good! I wasn't expecting such a fast result, so I don't think it was a placebo effect, but I sure do intend to keep taking it! I read something by Dr. Weil where he said it isn't possible to take too much. The ones I got at Walmart are 1000mcg, and the recommended amount for an adult is 2.4mcg's, so I was concerned about taking too much. He also recommended a B-Complex, which I will buy when I run out of these. I guess I hadn't been eating enough meat or something that I needed for B12, but it sure is a necessary thing! I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what I thought were allergic symptoms. Maybe I was just mistaking my symptoms for allergies and it was really a need for B12.

Poor Micah and the kids are dealing with a stomach bug now. It just seems to be one thing after another lately. Let's all just stay home, okay? :)

I'm slurping on a smoothie and trying to eat better. This one has raspberries, blackberries, kale, oj, grape juice, melon and a little banana. I use mostly frozen produce since I can't use up the fresh stuff fast enough. The oj and grape juice are mainly to thin it out. Tastes pretty good. Yesterday I added a little powdered milk and turmeric. It's different every time, but that makes it more fun!
Jody, if you're reading this, do you guys still drink coffee? Or just tea? I'm trying to decide if I should keep coffee as my one treat. I would have to have sugar and creamer in it, so it breaks the rules, but I had a headache this morning and I wondered if that was what it was from. No coffee. I did get a small one at the store when I picked up my mail, hee hee. Headache's gone.

I felt like doing a little art today, but I didn't want the mess of watercolors, so I did some color pencil drawing. This is copied from an ATC I did a long time ago. It was kind of a fun change of pace. I just used some Crayola colored pencils. I'd like to do more of this sketchbook sort of thing so I can actually save some pieces. Perhaps I can come up with some paintings and drawings that could be printed up on blank note cards. I may get my ideas from old ATC's that I've given away.
I'm reading Idyll Banter, along with a few others I've been reading for a while. I think it's a pleasant read. I enjoy his style and humor.
You folks have a pleasant evening. I'll be checking up on you!
Shalom!

7 comments:

  1. What a surprise!!!!
    Hurrah!!!
    This is a very interesting solution of a burning skin-problem! The LORD showed you the right way!

    The coloured drawing is really nice and I heard. that coffee-drinkers loose their headache in the morning, when they drink their medicine: coffee :) I'm a tea-drinker, 4 cups with ginger every morning. my happy-maker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pencil drawing is lovely! I've been trying to cut coffee, but I too seem to have a headache every time I go without, and I don't quite have the motivation to power through them yet, so for now I'm happily stuck.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news that the B12 helps you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post. I did some googling after reading it and am going to be a B Complex. I think I really need it, especially at this age and with the grief of losing hubby 5 years ago.

    May you continue to do well. Enjoy being creative and have a great day.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty scene, Lisa. I also am doing pencil drawings instead of paint since my house is on the market and I don't want any mess to clean up in a hurry. Speaking of books, I have just discovered the Yada yada Prayer Group series. Have you read them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always had a tendency to skin problems and have been taking a B complex tab or nutritional yeast for most of my life. B vitamins are so important; they do work all together so even if you are taking B12 for its particular benefits it wouldn't hurt to take the B complex concurrently. They are water soluble so whatever your body doesn't need is excreted.

    Vitamins are food! It's wonderful that you have found a nutritional solution -- so glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about the need for B-vitamins. I was feeling a bit weak too, a while back. We don't eat much meat - I eat less than Adam does. And he mentioned I might need a B-complex. I take one daily now. Glad you are better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)