Monday, March 19, 2012

Inspiration Avenue Challenge

It's a good thing that I have today and tomorrow off. I set Audrey in her playpen and my back decided to go into a spasm! Out of the blue! So, here I sit, comfortably ensconced in my art chair. Hubby Bob is keeping me supplied with iced tea and delectable tidbits and I am indulging in alternately reading from "Jane Eyre" and drawing and painting! What a day! I really had planned to do some useful things today, but I have been forced to take it easy. Shucks! (Ha ha ha haaaaaa!)

I must say, I've been quite productive, in an artistic way. The new challenge for Inspiration Avenue was posted this morning. We are to create a doll in whatever medium we desire. (As I read over this post I do believe my reading of Jane Eyre is getting to me!) The first doll that came to mind was a Babushka doll of the wooden, nesting type. After surfing images I came upon a pretty one and here is what I have so far...


I will be adding some ink lines and some details with colored pencil. I'll post an update when it's finished.

Thanks for looking!
Shalom!

1 comment:

  1. OH I love Jane Eyre - she can only have great inspirations on ANY project:-) I do hope your back gets better soon...:-/ Thanks for your comment and interest in my brush strokes and scribblings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)