Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sketchbooks...an end in themselves.

Sometimes the thought flits across my mind: "I wonder when I'll paint something good enough to frame and put on the wall?" Then I realize that I really don't care about putting my paintings on the wall. What's wrong with letting them live in my sketchbooks and just perusing them when the spirit moves me? Filling sketchbooks just for the joy of it is a worthwhile goal in itself. The joy of creativity is a gift from God and comes from the fact that we were created in His image.

Still working on my fourth Modigliani. It looks like kind of a mess, but I think I'll try some pen and maybe some colored pencil details. I'm enjoying just slopping paint onto paper. It doesn't always have to work out as planned! :)

Keep on creating!
Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)