Monday, March 26, 2012

Stormy Weather

The theme for Inspiration Avenue this week is "Stormy Weather". I thought of doing a new painting, but I remembered this sketch I did for Sketchbook Challenge last summer and I thought it would be good for this challenge. You can't get much stormier than this! (Not brilliant drawing, but a lot of action going on.)

I was kind of going for the contrast of the calm above the clouds and the storm beneath. Mostly a good excuse to draw lots of pen lines! :)


Sketch on!
Shalom!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh yeah... I feel the chills, the rain, hear the thunder.... Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Stormy! Makes me want to seek shelter.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the movement in this piece. It's hard to get movement, but you have managed. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your line drawing. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this I am an abstact patern gal so Love this!!! Great to have you play with us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's a great sketch! looks like an illustration for black beauty or lorna doone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice comment! Takes me back to my childhood when I read a lot of Black Stallion books! :)

      Delete
  7. The organization of the lines and your shading are both nice contrasts to the chaos that storms so often cause <3 beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)