Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sketchbook and Twenty Minute Challenge...

The theme for March at Sketchbook Challenge is "flowers". I've been browsing images to find drawing models and was irresistably drawn to this little flower which I found at the website "Flowers of Israel". I'm not sure of the name. I'll have to go back and look, but I wanted to get this posted before I run off to work! This will be my submission for Sketchbook Challenge:


I don't feel like I quite captured it's delicate beauty. The pen lines are too harsh, for one thing. I'm very impressed by the fact that this beautiful flower is growing right out of the rock! There's a sermon there somewhere! I may try doing a watercolor later using this photo as a model:

Anyone else want to try?
This is my submission to the Twenty Minute Challenge. I call it killing two birds with one stone! :)

Off to post these!
Have a great and peace-filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)